Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Adventure Begins

So my last week in town was pretty exhausting. Instead of taking it easy, I decided to go out EVERY night and see as many people as I could. The result? Learning how to function on 2-4 hours of sleep a day, my left knee lost on a street in downtown Phoenix, and a big bruise of my butt courtesy of an evil staircase.

Now, that brings us to Saturday. My first flight. In truth, I couldn't quite wrap my head around the idea that when I set foot out my door, I wouldn't sleep in my bed again for months, nor would I have to lift a finger to do any work. Anyways, the flight itself was uneventful, except for when the pilot announced our final descent, the passenger next to me whipped out a bible and started to pray. Scary.

My girl Tiffany picked me up, and we grabbed lunch where I ate the largest plate of Barbecue I've ever had, drenched in Tobasco sauce, and served with Jalapeno deviled eggs. Apparently the lack of sleep has made me a pregnant woman, and I have been covering all my food in spicy sauce!

Lucky for me, she was tired too, so the day consisted of catching up with Lost, taking an hour nap,and (much to my surprise) some gym time. I crashed, hard, got a whopping 10 hours of sleep! Woo-hoo! I believe there is sushi and a pedicure in my near future, assuming I survive the gym again. And, from recent discussions, it sounds like there may be some zip line something or other happening? Stay tuned...

2 comments:

D.S. Watson said...

Where did you go first? You didn't mention. :)

Kristie Love said...

Oh ha ha. I'm still pretty tired/brain dead so I didn't even notice. I'm in Charlotte right now. :)