Monday, March 09, 2009

Baltimore and DC

My time on the East Coast is almost up. I realize I suck at blogging, but here is a short update.

The weather has taken a turn for the better, so I've been able to explore more. My highlights of Baltimore are mostly eating and drinking. :) I've never had a "real" crabcake before, so I'm used to the flat patty west coast style with lots of breading. Robb took me to a place called the Lexington market and ordered me just one. I was going to object, because I thought I could eat at least three until I saw the thing. It was the size of a grown man's fist and was all meat. Also most places around here you can order steamed shrimp by the pound, and over sized beers for a few bucks. I did get to see Michael Phelps and Jenna Bush's houses. I wanted to knock on Jenna's door to see if secret service would tackle me, but sadly, nobody was home.

Robb and Helen took me to DC on Sunday. I asked to do all the "touristy" stuff, and they delivered. I also asked that we walk everywhere so I can work off all the beer. Lucky me, everything in DC is Vegas walking distance, meaning that its SO oversized it looks like its close, but in reality its a few miles away. I got to see all the standards, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and I also got to see the Hope Diamond! This is that jewel featured in the DiCaprio version of Titanic. Good stuff.

I've posted what pics I have (minus DC) here: http://picasaweb.google.com/kristielove3. I will try and post them as I have time. Tomorrow its goodbye US, hello Espana!

No comments: